If you’re a fan of brunch, you’re likely also a fan of eggs Benedict. The classic brunch dish combines english muffins, asparagus, ham, runny poached eggs, and rich, creamy hollandaise sauce. It’s truly the perfect recipe for bridging the gap between breakfast and lunch.
While eggs Benedict is undoubtedly delicious, it can be a bit labor-intensive. If your kitchen isn’t equipped with the amazing Hamilton Beach® egg cooker, you might struggle to make the perfectly poached eggs. Hollandaise isn’t the easiest recipe in the book either.
We scaled back eggs Benedict into a breakfast sandwich, making it easier to approach and enjoy any morning of the week – not just for Sunday brunch.
First, preheat your Hamilton Beach® Breakfast Sandwich Maker. It’s claim to fame is putting a hot, homemade breakfast on the table in 5 minutes or less. We’re a little biased, but we have to admit, it’s pretty great. Whether you’re ditching the bread and making a cheesy omelette or pre-making bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches to freeze for the week, there’s no excuse for skipping breakfast when this marvel is in your kitchen.
Once the Breakfast Sandwich Maker is preheated, lift the cover, top ring, and the heating plate. Place the bottom half of an english muffin (split side up) on the bottom of the Breakfast Sandwich Maker and top it with baby spinach and a slice of Canadian bacon. Baby spinach cooks a little easier than asparagus would in the Breakfast Sandwich Maker, so we improvised.
Lower the cooking plate and add one egg. Then add the other english muffin half on top and lower the cover. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
It’s not eggs Benedict without hollandaise sauce so we whipped up a quick version we adapted for the Hamilton Beach® single serve blender.
Drizzle the hollandaise on top like you would with classic eggs Benedict and grab and fork and a knife. Or serve it on the sandwich (like you would any other condiment) to make it a little easier to eat with your hands. Introduce the kids to eggs Benedict with this simple sandwich version during the week or put them on the Mother’s Day brunch buffet alongside mimosas and coffee cake.
Eggs Benedict Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 English muffins, split
- 8 baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 large eggs, lightly scrambled
- Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat Breakfast Sandwich Maker until green ready light comes on. Lift cover, top ring and heating plate.
- Place bottom half of 1 English muffin, split-side up in bottom of Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Top with 4 spinach leaves and 1 slice of Canadian bacon.
- Lower cooking plate and top ring. Add one egg to cooking plate.
- Top with 1 top half of English muffin, split-side down.
- Close cover. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slide out cooking plate by rotating handle clockwise. Lift cover and rings; carefully remove sandwich with plastic spatula. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Other breakfast recipes to try:
I have one of these breakfast sandwich makers and I use it every morning. It is awesome, I don’t know what I would do without it. This little gadget is the reason I started eating breakfast, it is so quick and easy
Need dome help using egg measureing glass