As the Easter holiday approaches, people are starting to plan their brunch, lunch, and dinner menus. If you are sitting down for a meal on Easter, you will most likely find deviled eggs on the table.
Classic deviled eggs are great, but how about adding avocado for a twist on a classic?
We used the Egg Cooker to cook our eggs, but you could certainly hard boil them in a pot on the stove. Once the eggs are cooked, peel them, cut them in half and remove the yolks.
Using the food processor chopping/mixing blade, process eggs yolks, avocados, cilantro, mayonnaise, pepper and cumin until the mixture is smooth. Pipe or spoon the mixture into each egg white half.
Top each Avocado Deviled Egg -or Green Devil as they are sometimes called- with salsa and a sprig of cilantro. The salsa complements the avocado in the eggs, and adds a burst of red to this already colorful dish. Put these on the table this Easter and wow your guests with a creamy, flavorful take on deviled eggs.
Watch the video below to see the Hamilton Beach® Egg Cooker in action.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 12 large hard cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/2 ripe avocado, halved, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cilantro leaves
- Using food processor chopping/mixing blade, process egg yolks, avocado, cilantro, mayonnaise, pepper and cumin until smooth.
- Pipe yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Top each half with salsa and cilantro.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: To pipe yolk mixture, place mixture in resealable zipper bag. Close bag. With scissors, cut one tip off of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe onto each egg half.
The Egg Cooker Prepares soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs and even poaches.