Tis’ the season for backyard barbecues. While I haven’t met a pasta salad I didn’t like, it’s definitely easy to get in a rut and bring the same salad to every single cookout you’re invited to. My go-to involves tons of feta cheese, bright veggies and a Caesar vinaigrette. Break out of your comfort zone (and I promise to do the same) and switch up your pasta salad recipe this summer.
For a new twist on summer pasta salad, we used the 3-in-1 Spiralizer. Not only is the spiralizer easy to use, using the ribbon blade creates beautiful, long ribboned vegetables that we guarantee will make for a more impressive presentation than store-bought pasta.
We spiralized the vegetables and then covered them in a delicious, Thai-inspired sauce made with peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic, and red pepper. We also added cilantro and green onion to the mixture.
Refrigerate the ribbons for about an hour and serve cold. Right before serving, sprinkle the “pasta” salad with crushed peanuts for an added crunch and more green onions and cilantro. This salad is everything but run-of-the-mill and will definitely disappear at any summer gathering you bring it to.
Spiralizer Ribbon Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 2 small zucchini, ends removed and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small yellow squash, ends removed and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 thick carrot, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, stir peanut butter, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic and dried red pepper until well blended.
- Using a Spiralizer, cut zucchini, yellow squash and carrots in ribbons. Add peanut sauce and stir to blend.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onion. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Create zucchini noodles, vegetable salad, cucumber ribbons, curly fries, spiral apples, and more with the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer.