Yesterday, we posted our slow cooker version of the Philadelphia classic, Philly Cheesesteak. Today, we wanted to show you another version of the sandwich because in our opinion, two phillies is always better than one.
This Chicken Philly is also made in the slow cooker. In the crock, combine chicken tenders, sliced green peppers, onion slices, rotisserie seasoning and salt. Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 ½ hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through, take the tenders out of the crock and slice them. Add the chicken back to the crock then prepare your chicken Philly sandwiches.
Divide the chicken mixture among sliced hoagies rolls and top with Italian dressing and a slice of sharp cheddar or american cheese. Place the sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
Serve this chicken Philly with extra Italian dressing, banana peppers, ketchup, or hot sauce. The whole family can mix and match toppings until everyone finds their favorite combination. Serve both the chicken Philly and the Philly cheesesteak at your next watch party or trade off between both recipes for a hand-held lunch or dinner. Extra beef or chicken? Leftovers can easily be used to make fajitas or as toppings for rice bowls throughout the week.
Slow Cooker Chicken Philly
- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 large green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rotisserie seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 1/4 cup banana pepper rings, optional
- Hot Sauce or ketchup, optional
- In slow cooker crock, combine chicken tenders, pepper strips and onion slices with rotisserie seasoning and salt.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Heat oven broiler. Open rolls and place on a cookie sheet
- Slice chicken tenders. Place back in slow cooker. With a slotted spoon, divide chicken, peppers and onions among rolls and drizzle with Italian dressing. Top with cheese slices.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with banana peppers, hot sauce or ketchup, if desired.
For the cook who is busy all day but wants a home-cooked dinner at night, a slow cooker is the answer. And with the Set & Forget® Programmable Slow Cooker, technology takes a big leap forward from the outdated slow cookers found in yesterday’s kitchens.