We love the idea of a sheet pan supper. You make the entire meal – from start to finish – right on a sheet pan. There is minimal clean up and the flavors blend beautifully while ingredients cook together, not separately.
We used the Easy Reach Convection Oven for this small sheet pan supper but you could certainly use your oven and a large sheet pan for the same results. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place sprigs of rosemary on the sheet pan then mix turnips, parsnips, onions, sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mixed root vegetables to the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Next, place two chicken thighs on top of the vegetables on the baking pan. Continue baking for another 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are roasted.
When you pull the sheet pan out of the toaster oven you have a balanced dinner for two right at your fingertips. The chicken thighs are crispy on the outside and juicy inside while the vegetables are roasted to a beautiful golden brown. Try salmon, shrimp, chicken breasts, and different vegetables to mix and match your sheet pan suppers throughout the week. The easy clean up and perfect proportions will have you brainstorming your next sheet pan supper in no time.
Chicken Thighs with Roasted Rosemary Root Vegetables
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 4 chicken thighs with bone and skin
- Place rack on bottom position of toaster oven. Heat the toaster oven to 425°F.
- Spray the toaster oven baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place rosemary sprigs on pan.
- In a large bowl, mix turnip. parsnip, onion, sweet potato, garlic, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until vegetables are coated with oil. Add to baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Stir vegetables.
- Sprinkle remaining salt, pepper and rotisserie chicken seasoning over chicken pieces.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables in pan. Continue baking for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer and vegetables are roasted.
The solidly constructed Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Easy Reach Convection Oven is perfect for your kitchen counter with its large yet space-saving device. You can bake, broil, toast, and more with this useful oven.
Do you have Gluten Free dinners?
What temperature do you use for a regular oven?
Hi Debbie – you would use the same temperature – 425˚ and just monitor to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.