While you can certainly cook the Easter ham in the oven, leave it available for baking sides and cook the main course in your Hamilton Beach® roaster oven.
We decided to stuff our ham with something sweet this Easter. This hasselback ham is stuffed with pineapple slices then topped with a simple glaze made of pineapple juice, brown sugar, and ginger. It’s beyond delicious – and so easy to make.
If you’ve ever tried hasselback potatoes, you’ll see the resemblance in this ham recipe. Hasselback potatoes are a type of baked potato. The potatoes are cut about halfway through to make them easily stuffable, creating a beautiful presentation. Find one of our favorite hasselback potato recipes here.
Because spiral ham is already cut and spiraled, it’s easy to stuff goodies in between the slices to create a hasselback look.
Purchase a spiral-cut ham from the grocery store and insert slices of pineapple (we used canned pineapple, but you could use fresh if you have time to do the extra work).
Bake the ham for an hour at 325 degrees. After the first hour, spoon about ⅓ of the glaze over the ham and bake for another hour. Then, spoon the rest onto the ham and bake for an additional 10 minutes to set the glaze.
Put this sweet and salty ham at the center of your Easter table surrounded with your favorite seasonal sides – spring peas, macaroni and cheese, and deviled eggs. Your holiday meal is sure to be a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon hamburger seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sandwich or slider buns
- Toppings: cheese, bacon, French fried onions, banana peppers, pickles
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Remove onion to a small bowl. Add ground beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until browned.
- Combine onion and beef in slow cooker crock.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seasoning
- and salt.
- Pour over beef in crock. Stir to thoroughly coat beef with sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours or LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Turn to WARM for
- Serve meat on sandwich buns or slider rolls. Top with desired toppings.