As you wait for your slow cooker pot roast to finish cooking over the weekend, take your mind off the clock and meal plan for the week ahead. Maybe you’ll make a quick stovetop meat sauce with the pre-made beef. Maybe you’ll serve it over your favorite mashed potatoes for a stick-to-your-bones dinner, or throw it on top of a chopped salad. While the possibilities are endless, we think you should make a pot roast po boy – a sandwich lover’s dream.
If meal planning seems overwhelming, brainstorm a few sandwich ideas. Not only are they a great option for lunch, you can serve them alongside a bowl of soup or salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
These pot roast po boys are fool-proof. If you want to add a little Louisiana flair to this classic New Orleans sandwich, make a simple cajun mayonnaise. Combine mayo, garlic, cajun seasoning, and hot sauce in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on both sides of a hoagie roll then summon your inner sandwich artist.
We layered pepper jack cheese (for a little extra heat), plenty of pre-made slow cooker pot roast, lettuce, tomato, and pickles. The creamy cajun condiment and the rich beef compliment the tangy, crunchy pickles and crisp lettuce. Repurpose slow cooker pot roast into a no-hassle sandwich that’s anything but your usual ham and cheese.
Pot Roast Po Boys
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, sliced
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked beef pot roast
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, Cajun seasoning and hot sauce. Spread on both sides of hoagie rolls.
- On bottom half of rolls, layer pepper jack cheese, shredded beef, tomato and lettuce. Cover with top half of hoagie rolls.
For easy meal planning, prepare a large pot roast in a slow cooker. Reserve remaining shredded beef for other meals.