If you’re in need of a quick dinner recipe that doesn’t skimp on flavor, make this sheet pan supper. The Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen paired spice-rubbed pork chops with a delicious mix of maple glazed apples, Brussels sprouts, and dried cranberries. It’s a delicious, seasonal recipe you’ll make over and over again this winter.
First, make a simple spice rub. Combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, Chinese five spice, fennel, garlic powder and onion powder (sugar, spice, and everything nice). Cover both sides of the pork chops with the rub and then place on a baking sheet.
Next, combine Brussels sprouts, apples, and dried cranberries in a bowl. Cover the fruit and vegetable mixture with a simple sauce made of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Arrange the mixture evenly on the pan around the pork.
Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees in your Hamilton Beach® EasyReach Toaster Oven – or double the recipe and bake in a traditional oven. After 20 minutes, give the Brussels sprouts and apples a stir then cook for another 5 minutes until the pork is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
The spicy rub adds tons of flavor to the juicy pork chops. Paired with the sweet mixture of maple-glazed roasted fruits and veggies, it’s the perfect sheet pan supper for sweet & savory fans.
Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Maple-Glazed Apples and Brussels Sprouts
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, cut in eighths
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Place rack on bottom position of toaster oven. Heat the toaster oven to 425°F. Spray the toaster oven baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line the pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, Chinese five spice blend, fennel, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub both sides of pork chops with spice rub. Place pork chops in center of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, apples and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, vinegar, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Arrange vegetables evenly in pan around pork.
- Bake 20 minutes. Stir vegetables.
- Continue baking until pork reaches 145°F when tested with a meat thermometer and vegetables are roasted, about 5 minutes. Remove pork chops to serving plates. Stir vegetables with sauce and serve with pork. Drizzle pork with sauce if desired.