Take a break from mayo-based pasta salads this summer and replace their spot on the picnic table with this refreshing Greek version with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta. The tangy dressing makes it a light and bright side at any barbecue or cookout. And the best part? The recipe makes enough to feed a group for a potluck.
The flavorful homemade vinaigrette can also be used as regular Greek salad dressing. We love how quick and easy it is to make in the single-serve blender. It’s a spring and summer classic for a reason. It’s delicious tossed with a medley of crisp, fresh veggies and al dente pasta. Even kids clear their plates when they eat this pasta salad, and there’s no such thing as having too many healthy family-friendly recipes on hand.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (1 lb.) rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 container (8 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 container (8 oz.) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (7 oz.) pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- In a blender jar, add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and blend on HIGH until well blended. Remove filler cap, with blender running, gradually add oil through the filler cap until mixture is creamy.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, crumbled feta, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber, onion and pepperoncini peppers.
- Pour oil mixture over pasta, stirring until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend.
Hamilton Beach® Single-Serve Blenders feature durable stainless steel blades that blend your favorite drinks, sauces or dressings in seconds. Use the travel cup to blend drinks to go anytime, or fill the whole jar with fresh ingredients for family and friends. Cleanup couldn’t be simpler — place the cup or blending jar right in the dishwasher.