Have you ever heard of “zoodles?” Zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles, are spiralized zucchini that are often served as a low-calorie replacement for pasta.
While zucchini seems to be the spiralized vegetable of choice, there’s no need to pick just one vegetable. We spiralized six different vegetables to show you the range of colors, textures, and flavors that you can achieve when using a spiralizer.
In the test kitchen, we spiralized carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, yellow squash, beets and sweet potatoes. The finely sliced vegetables might do the trick for getting the kids to eat more vegetables, or wowing your guests at a dinner party.
Whether you are using spiralized veggies to top a salad or make an imitation pasta dish, like our Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Spiralizer Veggie Pasta, there are endless ways to use these bright spirals in the kitchen.
For our Spicy Cucumber Salad, spiralize cucumbers into ribbons. Bring sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper to a boil. Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumbers and stir. Cool at room temperature and then refrigerate overnight so the flavors can blend.
The cucumber ribbons in this salad are both beautiful and packed with tangy flavor. Serve Spicy Cucumber Salad at your next cookout as a light side dish alongside hamburgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken.
Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 6 medium cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Using the ribbon disc, add one piece of cucumber to food chamber. Process until completely sliced. Repeat process with remaining cucumbers. In a large bowl, add cucumbers, onion and dill.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper to a rolling boil.
- Stir and pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers. Stir mixture until well blended. Cool at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend.
Create zucchini noodles, vegetable salad, cucumber ribbons, curly fries, spiral apples, and more with the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer.