Brownies are one of every chocolate lover’s favorite desserts. Sure, you can buy a boxed mix, but did you know they are surprisingly easy to make from scratch? We think baking homemade brownies is easy as pie – except easier! All you need to get started is a few pantry staples, a mixing bowl and a hand mixer.
When the brownies are finished, you can serve them as-is for a lush, fudgy treat, or you can decorate them for a burst of holiday cheer. This will quickly become your go-to recipe for bake sales, potlucks, holiday parties and impromptu dessert cravings. Speaking of impromptu dessert cravings, I think it’s time to bake.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil or spray a foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips on medium power for 2 minutes or until butter is melted and chips are shiny.
- With a hand mixer, beat chocolate mixture on medium until blended, about 1 minute. Add sugar and continue to beat on high until mixture is lighter in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Continue to beat on medium until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour, baking cocoa and salt and beat until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Spread evenly into corners.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until a thin layer sugar layer has formed on the top of the brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lift brownies by foil edges onto cutting board. Fold back foil and cut into squares.
These look delicious!