Valentine’s Day is a great time to get in the kitchen. Whether you’re serving your significant other homemade breakfast in bed, pulling out all the stops for a romantic dinner at home, or making edible crafts with the kiddos, it’s time to paint the kitchen red and pink.
These Valentine’s Day Oreo pops are the perfect treat to make with the kids or a group of friends (or the girls for Galentine’s Day) on Valentine’s Day. Everyone can have fun decorating their pops and even more fun enjoying them with a big glass of milk (or champagne).
We used a Hamilton Beach® 4-quart slow cooker to melt candy melts and keep them warm during the pop-making. Add candy melts to your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Switch the slow cooker to WARM while you make your pops. If the mixture starts to thicken, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil at a time and stir. The oil will help thin the mixture out, making dunking a little easier.
Insert lollipop sticks (you can buy them online or at a local craft store) into the Oreo filling. The Test Kitchen found that double-stuffed cookies worked best. Gently dip the cookie into the melted candy, making sure the cookie is coated. Then place the cookie on parchment paper or into a piece of craft foam.
Before the candy melt hardens, decorate the pops with your favorite Valentine’s Day sprinkles. Mini hearts, pink or red sugar sprinkles, more candy melts – have plenty of options on-hand so you can really get creative. When you’re pops are decked-out for Valentine’s Day, let the candy melts cool and harden.
Enjoy these pops for Valentine’s Day dessert or bag them up to give to loved ones on February 14. Tell them you just wanted to “pop” in to say “I love you”.
Valentine’s Day Oreo Pops
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) red, pink or white candy coating
- 1 package (15.35 ounces) red crème filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 30 white lollipop sticks
- Colored sprinkles and candy decorations
- Craft foam, if desired
- Add candy coating to a 4-quart slow cooker crock. Cover and cook on LOW for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce to KEEP WARM for up to 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or waxed paper. Insert lollipop sticks about 1 inch into crème filling of each cookie. Place on prepared sheets.
- Holding stick, carefully dip cookie into melted candy, making sure cookie is completely coated. Gently remove any excess coating and place on parchment paper.
- Add candy decorations or sprinkles. Let dry on paper or stick into craft foam.