If there’s one thing everyone loves about Valentine’s Day, it’s chocolate. It’s romantic, sweet and smooth with rich, creamy flavor guaranteed to woo anyone you admire. It looks like you spent all day on these truffles, but we know it only took a few minutes and a little love to roll the balls of chocolate and dip them in your favorite toppings.
Customize the toppings and flavors so they are as unique as your special someone. Here, we use cocoa powder, toasted almonds, chopped chocolate, coconut and sprinkles to make a most swoon-worthy truffle assortment.
We think these truffles are the perfect homemade gift for your Valentine’s Day sweetheart. So whether you are pairing them with flowers for a Valentine’s gift or making a dessert to share after steak and wine, you can’t go wrong with rich chocolate truffles.
Valentine’s Chocolate Truffles
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- Cocoa powder
- Place heavy cream, butter and almond extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM power 3 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips; let stand 1 minute. Stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is scooping consistency.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Roll mixture into balls, then in chopped almonds or cocoa powder to coat. Refrigerate until serving.