We can’t wait for midnight to arrive so we can toast the new year with our friends and families. If you’re planning your evening but haven’t yet decided on a cocktail to sip until the ball drops, try this festive sour apple martini that can be made with a few ingredients you might already have on hand.
Before guests arrive pull out your juice extractor and make a delicious blend of grapefruit and apple juices. Shake the fresh juice with ice, vodka and grenadine, then pour it into a martini glass and garnish with an apple slice. It’s a beautiful drink that tastes (and looks) worthy of a celebration. Cheers!
Sour Apple Martini
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grenadine
- Thinly sliced apple, for garnish
- Cut grapefruit and apple as needed to fit through the chute of the juice extractor.
- Juice the ingredients in the order listed.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 6 ounces of the juice mixture, vodka and grenadine.
- Shake and pour into martini glasses. Top each martini with an apple slice before serving.
This recipe uses a juice extractor.
Add more grenadine if you would like the drink to be sweeter.