This time of year, farmers markets are overflowing with eggplants, bell peppers, basil and other summer offerings. Make this Vegetable Ragout in your slow cooker to keep the kitchen cool and use up all those veggies so they don’t go to waste in the back of a refrigerator drawer. Serve it alone or over pasta or rice for a complete meal that is healthy, beautiful, easy and delicious.
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 each of yellow, red and green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place eggplant cubes in colander; sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside.
- Spray slow cooker crock lightly with cooking spray.
- Add onion, zucchini, squash, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, salt, hot sauce and black pepper to crock.
- Rinse eggplant and pat dry; add to crock.
- Stir all ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 1/2 hours until vegetables are cooked.
- Mix in lemon juice, basil and parsley 15 minutes before serving.
We made this celebration of the summer harvest in the Stay or Go® 5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker. The vegetables cook only for the necessary amount of time and the Stay or Go feature makes it easy to tote this to any cookout or potluck.
I do not drop many responses, but after
looking at through a great deal of remarks here Slow Cooker Vegetable Ragout | Everyday Good
Thinking. I do have 2 questions for you if you
do not mind. Is it only me or does it give the impression like a few of these comments appear as if they are
written by brain dead folks? 😛 And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I’d
like to keep up with anything new you have to post.
Would you list of the complete urls of all your social community pages
like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?