The official start of summer is right around the corner, but we are already in full BBQ mode. BBQ is as synonymous with summer as burgers and hotdogs, and you can never have too many recipes.
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef BBQ
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) tomato puree
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) boneless beef chuck roast
- In a slow cooker crock, stir together tomato puree, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, onion, paprika, mustard, salt, dried red pepper and black pepper.
- Add roast to crock and turn to coat with tomato sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove roast to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred meat and add to serving bowl. Stir in enough sauce to desired consistency.
Your Hamilton Beach® slow cooker is great for cooking homemade barbecue. Not only are you leaving the oven off (and ultimately keeping the house cool), you can make bbq in bulk to serve at summer picnics or make as your meal prep for the week. Pack it with grilled corn and a beautiful summer salad for lunches during the week (no sad desk lunch here).
Slow cooker shredded beef BBQ is a sweet, tomato-based BBQ that is perfect served with a generous helping of cornbread and cool, crunchy homemade coleslaw on a hot summer day.
In the slow cooker crock, mix tomato puree, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, onion, paprika, mustard, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. This homemade barbecue sauce is going to add tons of flavor to the meat as it cooks low and slow.
Then add boneless beef chuck roast to the crock. You’ll want to use tongs to turn the meat and make sure it’s completely coated with the sweet & tangy barbecue sauce before cooking.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
Remove the beef and transfer to a cutting board to shred. Simply use two forks to shred the meat and either transfer back to the crock to mix in with the remaining BBQ sauce or transfer to a serving bowl and add sauce.
This rich, melt-in-your mouth barbecue is a summer slow cooker recipe you’ll make over and over again. Grab a plate, a big glass of iced tea and welcome your summer menu.
Other slow cooker BBQ recipes to try: