Baking can sometimes be intimidating, stressful, and most of all, messy. We love the idea of using a slow cooker as a baking vessel. For this slow cooker dump cake there is no need to dirty your bowls, mixers, or pans. Just add ingredients and impatiently wait for your rich, moist dessert.
Layer canned tart cherries and sweet pineapple with mini chocolate chips and boxed vanilla cake mix in your slow cooker.
Cook until the center of the cake is set (about 3-4 hours). Serve with whipped cream or let ice cream melt over the top of this mouth-watering cake. This fruity dump cake will leave your kitchen clean and your sweet tooth satisfied. Find your biggest spoon, dig in, and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) dark tart cherries in water
- 1 can (8 oz.) chunk pineapple in juice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 package (15 oz.) vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray. In crock, layer cherries, pineapple, mini chocolate chips and cake mix.
- Top cake mix with butter slices.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until center of cake is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.