With colder weather and hectic autumn nights fast approaching, we have been brainstorming ideas for recipes that are not only warm and filling, but also quick and simple to prepare. This classic tomato-based dish is unbelievably easy to make in your slow cooker. Serve it over spaghetti for a hearty, well-balanced supper the whole family will enjoy.
Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and by dinnertime, you’ll have a hot and delicious meal with tender veggies and chicken cooked to perfection. The classic Italian seasoning and tomatoes meld together for chicken that is both flavorful and moist.
With its mild flavors and simple ingredients, this family-friendly dish will leave everyone – even this kids – full and happy. What’s more, it keeps well for fast and delicious leftovers the next night. We hope you enjoy our uncomplicated take on this classic Italian recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 8 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Parsley, chopped
- In slow cooker crock, combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms and chicken pieces; stir to coat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over spaghetti with shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
For “one-pot” simplicity, nothing beats slow cooking. But when it comes to bringing hot meals to parties and potlucks, spills can be a concern. With the travel-friendly Set & Forget® Slow Cooker, messes aren’t an issue.