I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who didn’t like a good cheeseburger, so why haven’t we made our all-American favorite into a soup? Here, we combine all the elements of a great burger into a slow cooker soup that will quickly find it’s way onto every potluck table. Beef, onions and mushrooms cook together, creating a heavy burger flavor, and the toppings of cheese, chives, arugula and tomato add the freshness you’d find atop the handheld variety. The garlic toasts are optional, but are highly recommended to give you that last component of your favorite burger: the bun.
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) beef broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Garnishes: Arugula, freshly ground black pepper, cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes
- Garlic Toast
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until beef is browned. Stir in Worcestershire and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place mushrooms in an even layer in bottom of slow cooker crock. Top with cooked beef mixture and drizzle with mustard. Pour soups over mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 hours or LOW 6 to 7 hours. Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup water and whisk into soup. Cook uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off slow cooker or place on the WARM setting and add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in chives. Top with garnishes. Serve with Garlic Toast.
- Garlic Toast: Preheat Countertop Oven with Rotisserie to 400⁰F. on the convection setting. Line the small baking pan with foil. Stir together 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 pressed garlic clove. Brush 12 baguette slices with mixture and place on pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Try more slow cooker recipes:
Perfectly composed content material, Realy enjoyed looking through.