As the seasons change, one thing remains the same – our love for sheet pan suppers. Whether you are making a simple chicken dinner for two or whipping up a watch party appetizer for the big game, there’s always an excuse to make a one-pan meal.
These shrimp sheet pan fajitas are a quick and easy summer recipe that you can put on the table in about 20 minutes. Cha-ching.
In a large bowl, stir together garlic, olive oil, lime juice, ancho chili pepper, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add your peeled, deveined shrimp and toss until they are fully coated, then set them aside.
Heat the toaster oven (or oven) to 350 degrees and spray the baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. We made these shrimp fajitas in the Hamilton Beach® Easy Reach Oven, because let’s face it, sometimes it’s just too hot to stand by the grill or heat up the entire house with the oven this time of year.
Add multi-colored bell peppers (the brighter the meal the better in the summer) and red onion to the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan and add the marinaded shrimp on top of the vegetables and finish baking for another 5 minutes until the shrimp are cooked.
Serve these no-fail fajitas with your favorite tortillas and toppings. We sliced ripe avocado (a summer staple in my kitchen), dolloped sour cream, and sprinkled chopped cilantro to finish the dish. Whether you want an easy meal to put on the table after a long day spent in the sun or plan to expand your Taco Tuesday recipe repertoire, welcome sheet pan fajitas into your summertime rotation.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp with tails removed
- ½ small yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir together garlic, oil, lime juice, ancho chile pepper, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp and toss until coated. Set aside.
- Place rack in bottom position of toaster oven. Heat toaster oven to 350°F. Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add peppers and onions to baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven. Add shrimp to baking pan.
- Return pan to toaster oven. Bake 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Heat tortillas in microwave following package directions. Layer tortillas with shrimp mixture, sliced avocado, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
6 Slice Easy Reach™ Toaster Oven with Convection is attractive, easy to use and you won’t find a design like it anywhere else. Its unique roll-top door and large opening make food easy to reach.
Thank you! This recipe looks so good.