Five ingredients. That’s all you need to make these simple, sweet treats. Whether you need to feed the kids and a few of their friends breakfast or a group of screaming football fans packed onto the couch, keep this donut bite recipe in your back pocket for the next time you need to quickly feed a crowd.
Start with a store-bought can of refrigerated homestyle biscuits. Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
In your deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees. Place the biscuit pieces in a single layer in the deep fryer basket and lower into the oil. Fry the biscuits for about 2 minutes, until they are golden brown.
After draining the donuts in the fryer basket, either roll them in a cinnamon sugar mixture while they are still hot, or let the donut bites cool slightly and roll them in powdered sugar. After the bites are coated in your topping of choice, they are ready to pop right in your mouth.
These 5-ingredient, 2-minute donut bites are a no-fail crowd pleaser (I mean, who doesn’t like fried dough?). Put them out for a fun, hand-held breakfast or fry them up for an easy dessert if you’ve already pulled out the deep fryer for dinner. We’ll warn you now, it’s hard to stop at just a few. Make sure you make plenty, and we mean plenty, to go around.
- 1 (16.3 ounces) can refrigerated big homestyle biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- Glaze, optional
- Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. In a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Place biscuit pieces in a single layer in deep fryer basket and carefully lower into the preheated oil. Fry, turning with tongs, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain doughnut bites in basket. While still hot, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Or, place doughnut bites on paper towels to drain and cool slightly, then roll in confectioners” sugar or dip in glaze.
To make whole doughnuts, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit to make a doughnut shape. Prepare for draining the doughnuts by arranging a wire rack with a cookie sheet, tray or wax paper underneath for easier clean up. Carefully slide doughnuts into hot oil. Fry, turning
The 19 Cup Oil Capacity Professional-Style Deep Fryer‘s extra-large 12 cup food capacity helps you easily feed a crowd.