If you’ve been on Instagram, Pinterest, or flipped through a food magazine over the past year you’ve probably come across a one-pot pasta recipe. These one pan wonders (usually) take under 30 minutes to cook from start to finish, leaving you with a tasty meal and, since it’s all made in one pot, minimal cleanup.
No need to pull out a stock pot or dutch oven for this one-pot shrimp alfredo. We cooked this 30 minute meal in a deep-edge skillet instead.
In the skillet, arrange dry spaghetti in the middle of the pan. Then place frozen, cooked shrimp on one side of the pasta and frozen peas on the other.
Pour 2 ½ cups of water over the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the pasta is al dente and most of the water has evaporated.
Add butter and stir until it’s fully melted and mixed with the other ingredients. Then stir in a cup of half-and-half and a cup (or if you’re a cheese-lover like me, a cup and a half) of grated parmesan cheese. That’s all there is to it. I guess it’s pretty easy to understand what the one-pot pasta hype is all about, after all.
Serve this shrimp alfredo with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper, some fresh basil, and a little extra parmesan (for good measure).
These 30 minute meals are perfect for feeding the family when you’re crunched for time and want to clear out some room in the freezer. Watch one-pot shrimp alfredo disappear from your table and smile knowing there’s only one pan to wash after dinner.
One-Pot Pasta: Shrimp Alfredo
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse black pepper
- In a large skillet, arrange dry spaghetti noodles in center of pan. Place frozen cooked shrimp on one side and frozen peas on the other. Add salt to water and pour over ingredients in skillet.
- Over high heat, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, 10-15 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in half and half and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper.
Other pasta recipes: