So you made Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken over the weekend and now you’re deciding what to make with it throughout the week. Make sure this Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl is on your meal planning list.
Bowls are EVERYWHERE. Burrito bowls, acai bowls, buddha bowls, smoothie bowls – the list goes on and on. We have to admit, we’re all aboard the bowl train. Bowls are easy to make and even easier to customize. This savory quinoa bowl is packed with vegetables and comes together in no time.
Cook some tri-color quinoa in the Hamilton Beach® 2-14 Cup Capacity Rice/Hot Cereal Cooker. I love multi-color quinoa for the color it adds to the dish but your favorite quinoa (or even brown rice) would work just as well in this bowl.
After the quinoa is cooked and cooled, all there’s left to do is assemble. We told you this was beyond easy.
When I was at the grocery store picking up the chicken for slow cooker shredded chicken, I also picked out my favorite Mediterranean ingredients with this bowl in mind. See, planning ahead can save you a trip and spare yourself the never-ending weekday lines at the grocery store. We combined our pre-made shredded chicken with quinoa, black olives, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, pepperoncinis, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, and chickpeas. Customize this bowl to your liking by adding other ingredients like roasted red peppers or leaving some ingredients off your list for a simpler version.
To finish the bowl, we whipped up a creamy greek dressing in the Hamilton Beach personal blender, but your favorite balsamic vinaigrette or a simple mixture of olive oil and red wine vinegar would complete the bowl beautifully.
Whether you are saying goodbye to your habit of packing a sad desk lunch this year or want a no-hassle dinner option, this Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl is easy to plan for and execute during the busiest of weeks.
Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (12 ounces) whole artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup whole pitted kalamata olives
- 8 whole pepperoncini
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Using a fine mesh strainer, rinse quinoa. Follow rice cooker directions for cooking quinoa.
- In a large shallow bowl, arrange ingredients.
- Using a small blender or food chopper, blend dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle dressing over ingredients in bowl. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing for another use.
For easy meal planning, prepare the chicken in a slow cooker. Reserve remaining chicken for other meals.