Tandoori chicken is a popular dish in India, normally cooked in a cylindrical clay oven called a tandoor. Since a tandoor oven can be a little hard to find in the U.S., we adapted the recipe for the grill to give it the traditional charred barbecue flavor.
The best things about grilling chicken thighs are the crispy skin, the slight char and the super moist and juicy meat. Tandoori chicken brings out all these tasty benefits, plus a flavorful yogurt marinade and curried spice blend that goes great with vegetable biryani, raita, cucumber salad and naan.
Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for an exciting Searing Grill giveaway. Just post or tweet a photo of your grilled meals using the hashtag #grillit to enter. Winners will be chosen on June 9th, June 16th, June 23rd and June 30th. You can enter once each day, so get grilling and show us what you make!
Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled, cut into pieces
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (about 3 pounds) chicken thighs, bone-in
- Place yogurt, ginger, garlic, vinegar, cumin, chili, turmeric and salt in food processor bowl. Process at HIGH speed until well blended.
- Place chicken and yogurt mixture in a large zipper-lock plastic bag; seal and shake bag. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Drain chicken and grill chicken covered 15 to 20 minutes; turn and continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink or until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
The GrillStation™ 5 Burner Gas Grill will enhance your grilling experience with its SmokeStation™ wood-chip drawer, perfect for giving steaks, chicken, ribs, and fish that authentic smokey flavor.
The high temperature of the Searing Grill makes it possible to get outdoor flavor indoors. Plus, the hood, grille plate and tray are removable, making cleanup a breeze.
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road.