If you’re craving apple pie but don’t have the time to make one from scratch, put away the pie dish and satisfy your craving with these easy-to-make bites. They are done in about 20 minutes and are a tasty after-school snack, party dessert, or tailgate treat.
Using the SmartChop® Food Chopper or a food processor fitted with the chopping/mixing blade, coarsely chop apples. We used granny smith, but use whatever looks best at the grocery store or the cream of your apple-picking crop. With the SmartChop® attachment, the apples pass through holes as they’re chopped and fall into the bowl preventing them from over-processing and turning to mush. Use these perfectly chopped apples in the filling for your bites.
In a bowl, combine apples, cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then unroll store-bought crescent roll dough (see – super easy) and separate into triangles.
Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on each triangle. Then spoon about 2 teaspoons of the the apple mixture on top. Roll (starting from the wider end of the triangle) into a crescent shape and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Get the kids involved and let them roll while you prep the next piece of dough.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees, until they are golden brown.
We drizzled extra caramel sauce on top before taking a bite, but you could top them with confectioner’s sugar or even a scoop of cinnamon ice cream.
Whenever you’re in need of a quick dessert (or dare we say breakfast) recipe this fall, keep these easy apple pie bites in mind and bring the orchard to your table in under 30 mins.
Easy Apple Pie Bites
- 2 small apples, cored and quartered
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food chopper or food processor fitted with chopping/mixing blade, coarsely chop apples.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Unroll dough onto a cutting board and separate into triangles. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on each triangle.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons apple mixture evenly on each triangle. Starting from the wider end, roll into a crescent shape. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown and crisp. Cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with additional caramel sauce before serving.