In this easy chicken tender recipe, an otherwise unhealthy kid favorite gets a fit-friendly makeover to please moms and children alike. Instead of deep fried chicken fingers dripping with fatty oil, these healthier baked chicken tenders are coated in cheesy cracker crumbs and baked to create a tender and crunchy bite. Most kids probably won’t know the difference between this trimmed recipe and the deep-fried version, and the recipe is so easy they can actually help you make it. Dinner will be on the table in minutes when everyone wants a quick, kid-friendly dinner option.
Crunchy Baked Cheese Chicken Tenders
- 2/3 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup cheese crackers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat toaster oven to 450°F.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese cracker crumbs and butter. Stir to coat evenly. Place crumb mixture on a plate.
- Mix eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken tenders in eggs and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on greased pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, turning once. Serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.
The Easy Reach™ 4-Slice Toaster Oven can help you in countless ways around the kitchen while saving space and time. The removable Easy Reach™ roll-top door offers better access to food and easy cleaning, while the front-access crumb tray slides out for quick cleanup. Toast, bake or broil, and you’ll be thrilled with the results.