The best macaroons are a crunchy yet chewy combination of toasted coconut, eggs and sugar in a perfect little cookie. It takes a quick mix, short baking time and drizzle of melted chocolate to easily create these beautiful chocolate coconut macaroons from scratch. They are perfect for Passover or for anyone who loves a delicate dessert.
Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons
- 1 large egg white
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a small mixer bowl with electric mixer, beat egg until soft peaks form.
- In a large bowl, stir sweetened condensed milk, coconut, flour and vanilla until blended.
- Fold beaten egg white into coconut mixture.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are nicely browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt chips and shortening in a microwave for 2 minutes on 5 power or until chips are shiny. Stir and drizzle over cookies.
Hamilton Beach® Toaster Ovens are efficient, attractive additions to your busy kitchen, thanks to their ability to maximize power, efficiency and convenience. Short on kitchen space? The Hamilton Beach® Toastation® Toaster and Oven combines a pop-up toaster with a countertop toaster oven for compact cooking versatility.
Powerful Hamilton Beach® Hand Mixers focus on ergonomics and versatility. Handles are built with a comfortable grip in mind. Convenient snap-on storage cases keep attachments and cords together so you don’t have to search for them each time. A variety of attachments are available with different hand mixers, from traditional beaters to wire beaters, whisks, dough hooks and milkshake attachments.