Annalise Sandberg writes the blog Completely Delicious from her home in Utah, where she lives with her husband Steve, son John and dog Pi. She is a passionate baker who is almost completely self taught, learning from trial and error. Like us, she believes that life is usually a little better with sugar and butter. To make these brownies, Annalise used the Hamilton Beach IntelliTime™ 6 Quart Slow Cooker (33564).
These may be the fudgiest, gooiest brownies you will ever make. Maybe the easiest, too. Would you believe they are baked in a slow cooker? That’s right. Slow cookers aren’t just for soups and pot roasts anymore!
Brownies might be the baked treat that benefits the most from a slow cooker makeover. If you’re not careful, brownies can go from perfectly fudgy to crisp and even burned within a matter of minutes in your oven. However, in a slow cooker, everything bakes nice and slow, ensuring your brownies stay moist. Don’t be alarmed if the brownies look underdone when their time is up. They’ll set up beautifully as they cool, and you’ll go crazy for the fudgy texture of these rich chocolate brownies. I’m certain you will have a hard time sharing!
Slow Cooker Fudge Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 10-ounce bag bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter and 5 ounces (half of the bag) of chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, followed by the eggs, mixing until combined. Add the salt and vanilla extract. Add the flour and ground cinnamon and mix until just combined. Add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or butter and spread the batter into it. Cover and cook on low for 2 ½-3 hours. When the edges are set but the middle still looks undercooked, turn slow cooker off and let brownies sit for 30 minutes. Then remove brownies from the slow cooker and let cool completely before slicing.