Tis the season for grilling and al fresco dining. And as much as I love having dinner on the patio and cooking outside, I detest cooking on our grill. It cooks unevenly, is a bugger to light and don’t get me started on cleaning the darn thing. It’s a hand-me-down, a little on the dated side and never worked very well in the first place. My excitement at checking out the Searing Grill might have been a little over the top but the thought of having a grill that actually worked did just that. What can I say, I’m easily excitable.
This Searing Grill is the BOMB. No really, it’s the bomb-dot-com. A nonstick grill plate where you can control the temperature and throw it in the dishwasher for cleanup? Be still my grill-loving heart. This thing grills like a boss, offering great grill flavor and makes beautiful searing marks. It didn’t smoke out my house and was an absolute breeze to wipe clean. I’m giddy!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be on the back porch with a glass of wine, enjoying my sandwich and feeling every bit like the grill maven I now am.
Grilled Teriyaki and Pineapple Burgers with Spicy Lime Aioli
- 3 (2-3 lbs.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 pineapple, skin removed, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 deli slices of provolone cheese
- Romaine leaves
- 6 sliced buns
- Prepare Searing Grill by preheating it to 400 for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and marinate in 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the aioli by mixing together mayonnaise, garlic chili sauce and lime zest.
- Grill pineapple slices, with the lid open, for 2-3 minutes per side, or just long enough to get grill marks and heat the pineapple through.
- Next, turn the grill to SEAR and wait for Ready light to come on. Grill the chicken with the lid open for 3-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of provolone and close the lid for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
- Spread a thin layer of aioli on each slice of bun and top with romaine lettuce, grilled chicken and a slice of pineapple.
The high temperature of the Searing Grill makes it possible to get outdoor flavor indoors. Plus, the hood, grill plate and tray are removable and dishwasher-safe, making cleanup a breeze.