Is there any other breakfast in the world that makes you feel at home more than hot-off-the-griddle pancakes? Our recipe for buttermilk pancakes gives you that Fat Tuesday feeling and we love to use it as a base for our favorite pancake mix-ins. Whether you celebrate Mardi Gras and Pancake Day or just enjoy eating pancakes plain or with blueberries, pecans, chocolate chips or pistachios, you’ll find a way to make this recipe your own. We love the idea of customizing mix-ins so much, we can’t pick just one. So go ahead and indulge yourself. We know everyone’s face lights up when they hear, “Let’s have pancakes!”
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat griddle to 350F or a nonstick skillet or pan over medium /medium high heat on the stovetop.
- Add buttermilk, milk, eggs, and butter first to blender, then add remaining ingredients.
- Blend approximately 30-40 seconds on high speed or until smooth. Some air bubbles will begin to form in the batter.
- Pour batter into heated griddle,skillet or pan using about 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter per pancake. When bubbles can be seen evenly across the pancake, flip to the other side.