The big game is right around the corner and no watch party is complete without the perfect game day dip – or dips (plural) if your family, like mine, agrees you can never have too much melted cheese on the table.
With a packed house full of friends and family ready to watch the big game, you can’t go wrong with this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s spicy, it’s simple, it’s delicious.
Use a 1.5 quart slow cooker (we used the Party Crock Slow Cooker) and let the cheeses meld with the chicken and spicy hot sauce while you wait for kickoff. Serve alongside celery sticks, crackers or tortilla chips for an added crunch then throw on your jersey, find the nearest recliner and enjoy the game! I can assure you this dip will be gone well before the halftime show.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken from Slow Cooker Buffalo Sliders
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker crock, add cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or LOW for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with celery and crackers.
The Party Crock™ cast-iron dish is durable, looks good for any occasion, has excellent heat retention, and is also oven-safe. You can prepare food in advance, keep the dish in the refrigerator, and place on the electric cooking base when it’s time to heat.