When the temperature drops, I start to crave comfort food. And what’s more comforting than a slice of old fashioned apple pie? Served warm from the oven with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream - there’s really nothing better. Sometimes I don’t have the time (or the patience) to make an apple pie from scratch, though. So when the craving hits I make this sheet pan apple crisp instead.
This sheet pan apple crisp cooks in 30-35 minutes in your Hamilton Beach® Easy Reach Toaster Oven. It’s a great substitute for apple pie if you want to make a quick dessert on a busy school night or use up those extra apples you picked at the orchard last weekend.
Add a mixture of granny smith apples, dried cranberries, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon to your baking sheet. Then top with an easy crumb topping. We simply used our fingers to mix old fashioned oats, chopped walnuts, butter, and flour together. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the apples and bake.
When the crisp is done the apples will be tender and the crumb topping will be beautifully browned. This crust-free dessert is as satisfying as a traditional pie. We served this simple sheet pan apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a little extra cinnamon. Whether you need a simple Thanksgiving dessert or a new seasonal favorite, this apple crisp will satisfy any sweet tooth this fall.
Other apple recipes from the Test Kitchen:
Shop this post
- Easy access to food and countertop, easy to clean food can’t spill on door
- Bake, broil & toast functions, convection circulates air for faster, even cooking, removable crumb tray
- 30 minute timer with ready bell and optional stay-on setting
- Includes bake pan and bake rack with two rack positions
- Fits a 9 x 11 inches bake pan, 12 inches pizza, or 6 slices of toast, dimensions (H x W x D) 9.41 x 18.74 x 15.24 inches
- Shop now on Amazon