What happens when Hamilton Beach® Consumer Test Kitchen expert Lynne Just combines her experience as a pastry chef with a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker? A quick and easy apple pie dessert sandwich that satisfies your sweet tooth without making a mess in the kitchen.
The Breakfast Sandwich Maker doesn’t just make breakfast!
This versatile little appliance can do so much more. It can make mini pizzas, frittatas, omelets, and even a ramen burger! As a pastry chef, one of my favorite ways to use a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich maker is to craft a fun and easy version of one of my favorite treats – apple pie!
The Apple Pie Dessert Sandwich uses just a few simple ingredients like cinnamon raisin bread, brown sugar apples, and creamy mascarpone cheese to create a warm, delicious dessert or anytime treat.
Start by stirring together honey and mascarpone cheese. Then prepare the apples. I prefer Honeycrisp apples, but any sweet-tart apple will do. Toss the apple slices with the brown sugar until well coated. Cut the cinnamon raisin bread into 4-inch circles. Use the ring from the Breakfast Sandwich Maker as a guide.
Next, preheat the Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Spread one side of each bread circle with butter, flip over, and spread the opposite sides with the mascarpone cheese mixture. Place one circle of bread onto the bottom plate with the buttered side down. Top it with two apple slices, overlapping slightly. Add the remaining apple slices with residual brown sugar and bread, buttered side up. Close the cover and cook for 1 ½-2 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy! Don’t worry about cleanup. The nonstick surface and dishwasher-safe removable parts make cleanup a breeze.
Learn more about Chef Lynne and the Hamilton Beach Consumer Test Kitchen
Apple pie dessert sandwich
Yield: Serves 1
Author: Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 4 thin slices sweet-tart apple
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 4-inch circles
- In a small bowl stir mascarpone and honey until smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar until well coated.
- Preheat Breakfast Sandwich Maker until green PREHEAT light comes on. Lift cover, top ring, and cooking plate.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter onto one side of each bread circle.
- Flip bread circles over and spread 1 tablespoon of mascarpone mixture onto each slice.
- Place one circle of cinnamon bread onto bottom plate, buttered side down. Top with 2 apple slices, overlapping slightly.
- Lower top ring and cooking plate. Add remaining apple slices and bread, buttered side up.
- Close cover. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slide out cooking plate by rotating handle clockwise. Lift cover and rings; carefully remove sandwich with plastic spatula.