January is here and that means our gym memberships are renewed, fruits and vegetables are stocked in the refrigerator, and resolutions are set.
If you want to eat (and drink) a little healthier this year, juicing is a great and easy way to add some extra nutrition to your diet.
If you find juicing at home a little intimidating (you’re not alone), it’s actually a lot easier than you might think. Watch the video above to learn a little more about juicing at home with your Hamilton Beach® juice extractor.
Not only will juicing at home save you time, it will also save you money. Buying juice at a juice bar or at the grocery store isn’t cheap, and subscription cleanse programs can break the bank. Juicing at home is a great way to avoid the costs of those pre-made drinks and save some money while you’re at it (maybe that’s another one of your New Year’s resolutions).
Here are a few tips from the Test Kitchen to ensure you have a successful juicing experience at home. For more information, watch the video above. And for some of our favorite juice recipes, visit EverydayGoodThinking.com.
Tips for Juicing at home:
- Buy produce in bulk at the start of the week.
- Pre-wash (and cut, if necessary) produce and store in the refrigerator ahead of time. This will save on time when you start juicing.
- Line the pulp bin with a grocery bag for easy cleanup.
- Invest in containers or bottles (you can find lots of different varieties online) for easy storage and to keep the juice fresh longer.
- Use the Hamilton Beach® Easy Sweep cleaning tool for easy cleanup
To learn more about Hamilton Beach® juice extractors or to shop, click here.
The Hamilton Beach® Premium Big Mouth® 2 Speed Juice Extractor makes quick work of fruits and vegetables with little prep time required. With a 40 ounce juice container, there is no need to stop every few seconds to empty the container. Just juice and pour. The adjustable spout opens and closes to keep drips off the counter. When you’re done, cleanup is a snap. The patent-pending Easy sweep™ cleaning tool cuts strainer cleaning time in half, and all the parts are dishwasher safe.