Enjoy a fiesta of flavors when you blend the savory goodness of grilled kabobs with the zesty crunch of tacos. This surprisingly simple recipe features perfectly seasoned and succulent chicken, beef, or pork and a variety of colorful peppers and other vegetables, all grilled to juicy perfection on a Hamilton Beach® Electric Indoor Grill for a feast that promises fun and flavor in every bite.
How to make grilled taco kabobs
Start with a marinade of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, and salt and pepper. Marinating allows the meat to soak up the flavors resulting in a more complex and well-rounded taste. It also helps to tenderize the meat, making it more succulent and juicy when grilled.
When marinating is complete, it’s time to thread the skewers by alternating meat and vegetables. Remember to leave a little space around the meat on each skewer to ensure it cooks evenly and thoroughly. If your skewers are made of wood such as bamboo, a 10-minute soak in cool water before using is the secret to preventing them from burning on the grill.
Next, you’ll remove the kabobs from the grill and add the tortillas, one at a time. They only need a few seconds on each side before they’re ready for the grilled meat and vegetables. Garnish each with fresh cilantro, Cotija cheese, a dollop of crema, and a final squeeze of lime juice for a delicious zing of flavor.
Grilled Taco Kabobs (Chicken, Beef or Pork)
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or sirloin, or pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 white onion, cut onto 1-inch pieces
- 8 (10-inch) metal or wooden skewers
- 4 6 to 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema, divided
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- In a medium bowl, combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Place mixture in gallon-sized resealable bag and add meat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Open resealable bag and add vegetables. Close bag and shake to coat vegetables in marinade. Drain and discard marinade from meat and vegetables.
- Thread skewers, alternating meat and vegetables, leaving a little space around meat.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning at the halfway point, until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove kabobs from grill and place on a plate.
- Place tortillas, one at a time, on grill for 20 to 30 seconds per side. Remove and place on a plate.
- Remove meat and vegetables from skewers onto tortillas. Garnish each with ½ tablespoon of cilantro, Cotija cheese, crema, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If using wooden skewers soak them in cool water for 10 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Don’t overcrowd the skewers-meats need some space around them to get fully cooked.
Savor the sizzle year-round with an indoor grill
Grilled taco kabobs are a versatile and crowd-pleasing meal, but outdoor grilling isn’t always practical. Weather, pests, or limited outdoor space can hinder the grilling experience. That’s why a Hamilton Beach® Electric Indoor Searing Grill is the perfect alternative. From the comfort of your kitchen, it helps you quickly prepare your favorite grilled meals anytime that hunger strikes without the hassle and limitations of outdoor cooking.
Kabob recipes for your electric indoor grill
From dinner to dessert and everything in between, here are a few more creative recipes that will make our indoor grill your favorite culinary companion.
Dessert kabobs? Yes, please! The combination of grilled fruit and tangy lemon dip creates a delightful harmony of flavors, offering just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your cravings.
If spice is what you crave, these kabobs are the way to go. The green sauce, also known as “Aji Verde,” elevates the chicken and vegetables with a bold fusion of flavors.
Shop Hamilton Beach Indoor Grills
Featuring powerful heating elements that reach searing temperatures or temperature probes that achieve meat’s perfect doneness, Hamilton Beach® Indoor Grills have what it takes to bring out meat’s best flavor. And since our indoor grills are built with ease in mind, you also get convenient features such as electronic controls, indicator lights, and removable grids that go in the dishwasher.