Although summer is usually the time of year when people start lightening things up in the kitchen (it’s swimsuit season after all), there’s no lack of delicious desserts this time of year. From fresh peach cobbler, to all the frozen treats you can think of (popsicles, homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt), to camp-fire friendly s’mores – the summer sure is sweet.
No Campfire Required: S’mores Milkshake
- 4 large marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 3 large scoops chocolate chip ice cream (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup marshmallow crème
- Chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Additional graham crackers, for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Place marshmallows on pan. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn. Set aside.
- Dip the rim of 2 milkshake glasses into marshmallow crème, then graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Place ice cream in the stainless steel mixing cup of the drink mixer. Add milk and marshmallow crème. Mix until smooth and thick.
- Pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses. Top with toasted marshmallows, chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings and graham crackers.
This summer, the Test Kitchen wanted to combine two of your favorite treats into one perfectly seasonal dessert. Introducing the s’mores milkshake.
This shake has summer written all over it and the best part? There’s no campfire required to enjoy this s’mores creation.
Before making your shake, toast a few marshmallows in the oven. Just broil them on a baking pan for 1 to 2 minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and golden brown.
Then dip the rim of your glasses into marshmallow crème, then into graham cracker crumbs. This shake isn’t lacking in the presentation department.
Add chocolate chip ice cream, milk, and more marshmallow crème into the Hamilton Beach Professional All-Metal Drink Mixer stainless steel cup and mix until thick and smooth. Transfer your shake to the rimmed glasses and top with your marshmallows, a generous amount of chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings and mini chocolate chips. Serve them with extra graham crackers for dipping, grab a straw, and get sipping.
You won’t miss the campfire or the bug spray when you’re sipping on these shakes this summer. And be sure to have extra ingredients on hand – you’re guests are sure to want s’more.
Whether it’s a classic chocolate with a cherry on top, or an extravagant mix of cookies, fruit and ice cream, you can make all your favorites in the Hamilton Beach® Professional Drink Mixer. The original drink mixer brand since 1911, this all-metal edition features durable, die-cast aluminum housing and a commercial-grade mixing spindle with two agitators. Get yours now from Amazon.com or hamiltonbeach.com.
More ideas for summer