While slow cookers are known for cooking chunky chilis and melt-in-your-mouth pot roasts, they can also help put breakfast on the table. This slow cooker breakfast casserole cooks in your Hamilton Beach® slow cooker and can easily feed the entire family.
Breakfast Casserole With Sausage & Hash Browns
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 9 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high, cook sausage until browned. Drain fat if necessary.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, half and half, salt and black pepper until blended. Add cooked sausage, Potatoes, 2 cups cheese, bell pepper and onion. Stir until combined.
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or LOW for 4 ½ to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Whether you’re feeding the kids and their friends post-sleepover or hosting Mother’s Day brunch at your house this year, this slow cooker breakfast casserole won’t disappoint. It only requires a little bit of prep beforehand, and once the ingredients are in the crock you can set it and forget it, freeing up plenty of time for you to enjoy another cup of coffee (or two).
In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned. While the sausage is cooking, beat eggs, half and half, salt, and black pepper. Add the cooked sausage to the egg mixture along with shredded hash browns, cheddar cheese, peppers, and onion.
Spray the slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray then add the egg mixture. Cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or LOW for 4 ½ to 5 hours.
Serve the slow cooker breakfast casserole with sausage and hashbrowns on your breakfast buffet and let your guests help themselves. While it’s delicious served as-is, you could put out toppings for your guests to pick and choose from. Cheese, salsa, hot sauce, fresh herbs, avocado slices, extra sausage or bacon – all would be delicious atop this fluffy egg casserole.
If you’re searching for Mother’s Day recipes online, do a little shopping while you’re at it. What mom wouldn’t love one of these fun, floral Pioneer Woman slow cookers? Shop a variety of patterns, perfect for spring, at Walmart.
Other breakfast recipes you might like: