With Cinco de Mayo falling on Taco Tuesday this year, what better way to celebrate than with a homemade fiesta? Tacos are on my family’s menu pretty frequently, but this year I plan to spice things up by starting my meal with fresh salsa and mango margaritas. Here are some of my favorite recipes that will help get your celebration started:
Start your fiesta with a chip and dip bar. Use your food processor (or food chopper for smaller batches) to whip up fresh guacamole or salsa in a matter of minutes. Want something warm? Use your slow cooker for hot cheesy queso or bean dip.
- Fresh & Spicy Salsa Recipe
- Peach and Peppers Salsa (above)
- Slow Cooker Salsa Con Queso
- Hot Mexican Bean Dip
Turn on some mariachi music and sip on an ice-cold margarita while your dinner is cooking. Dress up your classic recipe with fruit, berries, or hot peppers for spice. I included a few of my favorite recipes that are perfect when blended with ice and served frozen, but the combinations and variations are endless. Don’t forget the salted rim!
- Classic Margaritas
- Black and Blue Margarita
- Mango Margarita (above)
- Pineapple Lime Smoothie (kid-friendly alternative)
The star of the show, these recipes are all family favorites that make it on the menu every so often. The great thing about serving tacos is that they come together quickly and are easily customizable. Use your indoor grill for seafood and your slow cooker, multi cooker, or pressure cooker for pork. Looking for a new way to use your breakfast sandwich maker? Try taco cups!
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Slaw
- Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos(above)
- Pulled Pork Tacos
- Breakfast Sandwich Maker Taco Cups
- Make Pork Carnitas Tacos in a multi cooker, slow cooker or a pressure cooker! Learn about these different types of cookers.
Other Main Dishes:
Not in the mood for tacos? I pulled together a few other recipes that I love.
- Mexican Zucchini Boats
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos (above)
- Slow Cooker South of the Border Lasagna
- Healthy Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Chimichangas with Ranchero Sauce
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
Last, but certainly not least, we can’t forget about dessert. The popsicles need a little extra prep and freeze time, but are so worth it.
Whether it is Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or any other day of the week, try mixing things up with some of these Mexican inspired favorites. What are some of your go-to Mexican recipes? Leave us a comment below with some new inspiration!