What do you get when you cross everyone’s favorite chocolate sandwich cookie with coffee, ice and whipped cream? This scrumptious crushed cookie shake. It’s perfect for hot summer days and those times when you don’t feel like making the drive to the coffee shop but really want a chilled coffee drink.
If you have a blender, you can act as your own barista and make this treat at home. Just add chocolate sandwich cookies, coffee, milk, chocolate sauce, a little sugar and some ice and you’ll have an amazingly cool frappe in minutes. Did summer just get a whole lot better?
Crushed Cookie Frappe
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 Tablespoons ground espresso or other dark roast coffee
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 Oreo® cookies, broken into pieces
- 2 1/2 cups crescent-shaped ice cubes (about 24 ice cubes)
- Whipped cream
- Pour water into water reservoir. Place coffee filter in brew basket. Add ground espresso; brew coffee.
- Place milk, sugar, chocolate syrup and brewed coffee in blender jar. Add ice to mixture in blender.
- Press PULSE 4 or 5 times to chop ice. Then, blend on HIGH until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add cookies to mixture in blender. PULSE until cookies are blended into mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and additional cookie pieces, if desired.
Prepare delicious summer drinks like this icy frappe or chop and puree foods with the 700 watt peak-power motor in the MultiBlend™ Blender. The signature MultiBlend™ system propels ingredients around the jar for excellent results with both liquid and solid mixtures.