Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be complicated, thanks to products from Hamilton Beach that can help you easily juice and blend your fruits and vegetables to transform them into delicious and nutritious smoothies and smoothie bowls.
Make smoothies and smoothie bowls like a pro
Healthy smoothies and smoothie bowls have become a popular part of living a healthy lifestyle. Just blend fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables with a base like juice, yogurt, or coconut water, and you’ll have a quick breakfast or satisfying snack that is both nourishing and energizing.
But there’s a catch. To make clump-free smoothies like a pro, you’ll need the right kitchen tool that can swirl your favorite healthy concoctions into an icy treat. That’s why you’ll want to check out the latest innovations from Hamilton Beach. The new Big Mouth® Juice & Blend 2-in-1 Juicer and Blender, and the PowerMax™ Professional-Performance Blender were designed to get the job done. You’ll save time and space in the kitchen and make smoothies that are just as good (or better!) than those expensive smoothie shops.
Juicer or blender? Why not both!
A blender processes the whole fruit or vegetable while a juicer separates the fiber leaving only the juice. The Big Mouth Juice & Blend can do both – all with one easy-to-use and space-saving appliance. There’s no need for time-consuming slicing and dicing. Just drop a whole orange, apple, or other produce in the ample 3” chute to extract the juice, then blend with your favorite ingredients to power and pulse your way to smoothie perfection.
Blending power to the max
If you’ve been thinking about upgrading your smoothie-making tools, another great option is the Hamilton Beach PowerMax Professional-Performance Blender. When your smoothie recipe calls for raw carrots or other hard fruits and vegetables, the 22,000 RPM motor will cut through these tough ingredients in seconds. It’s our most powerful home blender and one of the most affordable high-performance blenders on the market. That means you’ll be able to create thick and delicious, restaurant-quality smoothie bowls for a fraction of the cost of most high-end blenders on the market.
Tips for smoothie success
- Add liquid ingredients first. Begin with liquid, add the softest items, then harder items, and finally ice.
- Start slow. Always start blending at a low setting to liquefy ingredients. Then proceed to higher speeds as required.
- Consistency. If your smoothie is too thick, add a little juice or other liquid. If your smoothie is too thin, add frozen fruit or vegetables, yogurt, or flaxseed.
- Flavor. If your smoothie is too sweet, try adding lemon juice or frozen lemonade. If your smoothie isn’t sweet enough, add a little sugar or natural sweeteners such as honey or watermelon.
- Texture. To make a smoothie with a silky-smooth and creamy texture, add avocado, yogurt, or chia seeds.
- Experiment. Don’t be afraid to try different mixtures and ingredients!
Regardless of which blender you use, these smoothie tricks and hacks will help you produce restaurant-quality smoothies every time.
- Smoothie ice cubes. Freeze milk, almond milk, juice, or yogurt in an ice cube tray and add them to your smoothie instead of ice cubes.
- Freeze bananas. If you have bananas that are getting a little too ripe, peel and cut them, then toss in the freezer. They’ll come in handy the next time your smoothie recipe calls for bananas!
- Hidden greens. Make sure the kids get their daily dose of green veggies by hiding them in their smoothies! Kale and spinach can be easily disguised with the sweetness of bananas, watermelon, or fruit juice.
- Plan ahead. Meal prep works for smoothies too. Just add dry smoothie ingredients to a freezer bag (fruit, vegetables, etc.). When you’re ready to make a smoothie, grab a bag, throw it in the blender with juice, yogurt, or milk, and breakfast will be served!
- Make smoothie pops. Just blend your smoothie concoction until creamy and smooth and pour into a popsicle mold. Freeze until firm, then enjoy a cool (and healthy) treat.
Smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes
Ready to start juicing and blending your way to great-tasting smoothies? Here’s 6 easy and delicious recipes to get you started.
This fresh fruit-filled smoothie is like a tropical vacation in a glass! The addition of vanilla protein powder makes it a complete breakfast or healthy snack. Use your Hamilton Beach BigMouth Juice and Blend blender to process to desired consistency, relax, and enjoy.
Start your day with a clean and green smoothie that is sure to put a little pep in your step. It’s a dairy-free option that uses avocado to create a creamy texture.
Sweet navel oranges are balanced by tart grapefruit and a zing of ginger in this deliciously energizing glass of liquid sunshine. It’s loaded with immune-boosting vitamin C for when you need a little pick-me-up.
If you love piña coladas (minus the rum), then you won’t be able to resist this tropical treat that’s packed with healthy add-ins like flaxseed and collagen powder. Top it with shredded coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, or sliced fruit for an easy and filling breakfast.
You won’t need to wait for berry season to enjoy this smoothie bowl made from frozen strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and dark cherries – plus a banana and Greek yogurt to make it smooth and creamy. Add a scoop of collagen powder and top with a drizzle of honey.
Have your smoothie and eat it too! For a dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this delicious superfood smoothie bowl packs a powerful punch of flavor – and healthy ingredients.