Whether it’s a family feast or a festive gathering, one thing’s for sure – warm and flaky homemade pies are always a crowd-pleaser. If you’re searching for a fun twist on the tradition, try these irresistible air fryer apple hand pies. They’ll be ready in minutes and are so easy to serve, making them perfect for parties and celebrations. Arrange them on your favorite serving tray and watch them disappear.
Hamilton Beach air fryers: your ultimate kitchen sidekick
Parties and celebrations are all about coming together, creating memories, and sharing festive dishes. But let’s face it, orchestrating a feast for your friends and family can be a frenzy of prep work. That’s where a Hamilton Beach Air Fryer can help. Instead of laboring for hours in the kitchen, you can make deliciously easy air fryer desserts in mere minutes. Plus, it’s a healthier alternative to pan-frying, so you can enjoy the fun and flavor without all the guilt.
Handheld pies are perfect for parties
What could be more delightful than a sweet, warm and gooey apple pie? How about one that’s perfectly sized for your hand? These delectable mini-pies boast just a handful of ingredients, all nestled inside a folded and enclosed pie crust. Your guests can savor these portable pouches while mingling and making memories – no utensils needed!
Apple hand pie recipe
Ready to try your hand at hand pies? This easy air fryer recipe is easy to customize with your favorite filling.
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
Yield: Serves 12 (one pie each)
Author: Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie crusts (8 crusts)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add pie filling and roughly chop or cut apples. Stir in raisins Set aside.
- On a large cutting board, unroll pie crusts. Using a 4-inch cookie cutter or the top of a small bowl, cut out 5 pie crust circles. Reroll extra pastry to make 1 more circle. Place circles on parchment or wax paper and repeat with remaining pie crusts to make 24 circles. Brush beaten egg ¼-inch around the edge of each circle. Place 2 slightly rounded tablespoons of apple mixture in center, flattening slightly to form a circle.
- Place 1 circle over another circle, beaten egg sides together to cover the filling. Seal edges of pie crust with the tines of a fork. Using the fork, prick 2 sets of holes in the top of each pie. Cover and refrigerate pies until ready to Air Fry. Before frying, brush tops of pies with beaten egg.
- Place a single layer of pies in air fryer, leaving at least 1-inch around each. Set air fryer temperature on 375 degrees F. Cook 9 to 11 minutes or until pies are golden brown. Remove to cooking rack and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
More air fryer recipes for gatherings
- Air fryer donut bites
- Coconut shrimp with orange sweet chili sauce
- Parmesan fries
- Sweet potato chips