As the Fourth of July approaches, most of us are preparing for our annual backyard blowout. The to-do list includes menu-planning, mowing the lawn, and gathering all the red, white, and blue decorations you can find (banners, cupcake toppers, plates, napkins, koozies, the works). While there won’t be any shortage of American flags at the Independence Day celebrations, why not make some menu items to match?
- Using a food processor with chopping/mixing blade and with processor running, drop graham cracker pieces through the food chute and process until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add melted butter through the food chute until mixed. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract. Reduce speed to low. Fold in whipped topping. Divide mixture between 3 small bowls.
- In one bowl, stir in the strawberry preserves. In the second bowl, stir in the blueberry preserves. Leave third bowl vanilla.
- Between 8 (7 ounce) glasses, layer 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture, 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture, sliced strawberries , 1 tablespoon graham mixture, 2 tablespoons vanilla mixture, 1 tablespoon graham mixture, 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture and blueberries.
- Garnish with remaining strawberries and blueberries before serving.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Remove onion to a small bowl. Add ground beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until browned.
- Combine onion and beef in slow cooker crock.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seasoning
- and salt.
- Pour over beef in crock. Stir to thoroughly coat beef with sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours or LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Turn to WARM for
- Serve meat on sandwich buns or slider rolls. Top with desired toppings.
These patriotic parfaits are the perfect addition to your July Fourth spread. Not only do you avoid turning on the oven in July (score), they incorporate some of summer’s best berries AND match your tablescape. A party-planning win.
Make the simple no-bake cheesecake filling using a hand mixer. Separate the mixture into three bowls then add strawberry and blueberry preserves to make your red and blue fillings and leave one plain. There you have it – red, white, and blue.
In small juice glasses (or party-preferred plastic cups) add the cheesecake and graham cracker crumble, layering in order from bottom to top the strawberry, plain, and blueberry cheesecake, adding fresh berries along the way. The best part? You can make them ahead of time and leave them chilling in the fridge until it’s party-time.
Leave the oven off and make these no-bake cheesecake parfaits for your Fourth of July celebrations. This silky, sweet treat might outshine the fireworks this year.
With the Hamilton Beach® Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case you’ll enjoy a slower first speed that reduces messy splatters and the Bowl Rest™ feature.