May is National Egg Month here in the United States, and that means we have to whip out our Breakfast Sandwich Makers. The egg sandwich is a classic for a reason: it’s soft and fluffy and goes perfectly with cheese and bread. We have prepared the breakfast sandwich for you two ways: one light and one loaded. These sandwich recipes are sure to please everyone and we think it’s the perfect way to celebrate the egg this month. Enjoy!
Cheesy Egg and Sausage Biscuit
- 1 small biscuit, halved
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1 pre-cooked thin sausage patty
- 1 thin slice red pepper ring
- 1 large egg, lightly scrambled
- Preheat Breakfast Sandwich Maker until green READY light comes on. Lift cover, top ring and cooking plate.
- Place bottom half of biscuit, cut-side up in bottom ring of Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Top with cheese, sausage and red pepper ring.
- Lower cooking plate and top ring. Add egg to cooking plate.
- Top with remaining biscuit half, cut-side down.
- Close cover. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slide out cooking plate by rotating handle clockwise. Lift cover and rings; carefully remove sandwich with plastic spatula.
Does the biscuit need to be cooked already.
Hi Jack. Yes, the biscuit should already be cooked. The Breakfast Sandwich Maker will then toast and warm it.