Summer is in full swing which means fresh watermelon is in season and I couldn’t be happier. Is there anything better than a perfectly ripe watermelon? It’s one of summer’s most refreshing fruits and the Test Kitchen wanted to highlight it in this bright, unique salad.
One of my neighbors first introduced me to the perfect pairing that is fresh watermelon, fresh tomatoes and feta cheese. She brought over the simple salad one night and dressed it just as simply – with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil. I hope I get to personally thank the person that thought to put these ingredients together one day – it’s that good.
The Test Kitchen channeled that caprese-esque version of watermelon salad but instead created a bright dressing that pairs with well with warm weather, bright sunshine, and a picnic table.
Toss cubed watermelon with fresh tomatoes (another one of my favorite summer foods), crumbled feta cheese, and a cilantro lime vinaigrette. The cilantro in the dressing complements the sweet watermelon to create a unique flavor profile that is sure to intrigue your family, friends, and cookout guests alike.
Watermelon, Tomato, and Feta Salad
- 6 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, mix watermelon chunks, tomatoes and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a blender or food processor, combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour viniagrette over watermelon mixture. Stir until well mixed. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Hamilton Beach® Single-Serve Blenders deliver portability for people on-the-go. The single-serving travel cup is great for blending portable smoothies, shakes and frozen drinks fast.