Throughout the holiday season, I like to put together special packaged treats I can have on hand for gifting to friends, neighbors and family. This simple party mix is perfect to divide up into cute tins and distribute to everyone on your list. Because we make it in a 6-quart slow cooker, it is also a crowd-pleasing snack for parties.
In this recipe we wanted a little more protein, so we added smoked almonds, but you can add peanuts or a nut mix. Trust me, this is not your average Chex Mix® and making it in the slow cooker means it’s super simple and hands-off.
Slow Cooker Party Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups corn square cereal
- 4 cups rice square cereal
- 2 cups wheat square cereal
- 2 cups small salted pretzels
- 2 cups small white Cheddar square cheese crackers
- 2 cups smoked almonds
- In a slow cooker crock, stir butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder until blended.
- Add cereals, pretzels, crackers and almonds to the butter mixture. Gently toss mixture to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 1/2 hours or LOW 3 hours, gently stirring every 30 minutes.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper to cool.
Perfect for entertaining at home or taking on the road. Hamilton Beach® Slow Cookers take the convenience of slow-cooked dishes a giant step further. Several models of slow cookers, such as the Stay or Go® Slow Cooker, address one of your greatest concerns—getting your finished dish to a potluck or party without messy spills.
Putting the lid on made my party mix soggy. I had to put it on trays and dry it out in the oven just like I’ve always done.