Growing up, broiled grapefruit was one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. My brother and I sold grapefruit, oranges, and clementines to fundraise for school trips and my parents always bought plenty.
Instead of eating plain grapefruit, my family loved popping the bright pink citrus in the broiler with brown sugar on top to add a little sweetness to the grapefruit’s tart flavor.
For this Broiled Grapefruit with Cinnamon Brown Sugar, slice two large grapefruits in half. Remove all of the grapefruit’s seeds with a paring knife and cut a small slice from the bottom of each grapefruit half to prevent them from rocking side to side while cooking.
We sprinkled a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon on top of each half and dotted them with butter before sliding them into the Easy Reach Toaster Oven. If you don’t have a toaster oven, use your oven’s broiler instead.
Broil the grapefruit halves for 6 to 7 minutes until the sugar is hot and bubbly. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a little granola on top. Pour yourself a steaming cup of coffee, grab the paper, and enjoy this simple but flavorful breakfast.
Broiled Grapefruit with Cinnamon Brown Sugar
- 2 large grapefruit, halved
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons granola
- Heat the toaster oven on broil. Place rack in upper position.
- Remove all seeds from grapefruit and section with a paring knife. Cut a small slice from the bottom of each grapefruit half to prevent them from rocking. Place grapefruit halves on toaster oven baking pan.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of grapefruit halves. Dot with butter.
- Broil for 6 to 7 minutes or until brown sugar and butter is bubbly. Top each half with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1/2 tablespoon granola.
The solidly constructed Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Easy Reach Convection Oven is perfect for your kitchen counter with its large yet space-saving device. You can bake, broil, toast, and more with this useful oven.