Who doesn’t love a delicious, freshly baked banana nut muffin? It is one of my favorite things! And since muffins are so quick to make, I can stir up the ingredients and have them hot and ready from my toaster oven in about 20 minutes.
All delicious banana muffins start with overripe bananas and this is the perfect recipe to use them up! Or, if they go past the eating stage and you do not have time to bake right away, try freezing them. Peel the bananas and pop them into a freezer bag to always have on hand. Frozen bananas thaw quickly and are super easy to mash.
Banana nut muffins
Yield: Serves 12
Author: Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (2 small bananas)
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, beat banana, milk, butter, vanilla extract and egg until blended.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup chopped nuts over muffins.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.